StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery
This Solution Identifies, Protects, and Recovers only the Most Important Data
Duplicate files, folders for apps no longer in use, music downloads, and family photos don’t need to be protected on the company’s dime. But backup options—whether image-based or file-and-folder—don’t differentiate between valuable data and irrelevant, unnecessary data.
Except for StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer. Rather than backing up all the data on the laptops and desktops in an organization, this online backup solution protects only the data that’s important.
This solution accomplishes this with its web-based data analyzer. This data analyzer, called the StorageCraft Backup Analyzer, features built-in intelligence that identifies what data on a given computer should be backed up and what should be excluded.
Use StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer for these scenarios:
- Gaining intelligence around the data the business is saving and automating backing up the important data
- Using backup storage for data that’s important to the client organization—and not for obsolete spreadsheets, 20 copies of the same document, or employees’ pet photos
- Protecting the business data of employees who travel, work remotely, or sometimes neglect to connect to the office server
- Allowing clients to find and access files and folders from the cloud, fast
- Managing a file backup solution for an organization or multiple organizations remotely and from one dashboard
StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer
Traditional storage management is undergoing a revolution and StorageCraft is leading the way. The storage industry’s solution to this massive data growth is just to add additional storage. Organizations are constantly working to find better ways to back up and protect their most important asset, their data. When a disaster happens, they need to be able to retrieve it quickly and completely. Even though the cost of storage has been decreasing, the amount of data that needs to be stored and efficiently managed is increasing at an exponential rate. Gaining backup and recovery efficiencies is critical.
Many organizations back up all the data on every computer without regard to the data’s relevance or need. A company’s backups could include as much as 30% irrelevant and unnecessary data or in today’s Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) workplace, the machine may include the employee’s personal photos, audio files, personal documents, etc., which an IT Administrator may not want to pay to backup. There could also be 40 copies of the same file or large folders for files and applications that are no longer in use. Also, the recovery process may require sifting through myriad unnecessary data, the challenge of retrieving only the critical data is compounded. Since not all data is equal, if organizations could differentiate between what data is critical and what is not, they would have the foundation for quick, efficient, cost-effective backup and recovery.
StorageCraft Data Analytics, including StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer, is different from other file-based backup and recovery products on the market. It expands the StorageCraft Recovery Solution through intelligent data analysis. StorageCraft’s Backup Analyzer recognizes which files on a computer that are critical and those that are not. The StorageCraft File Based Backup solution also includes a Manage Anywhere web-based dashboard for centralized licensing, installation, deployment, configuration, monitoring and reporting. These tools maximize control, minimize unnecessary backup and allow for a faster recovery time objective of an organization’s critical data when the need arises. This next-generation approach to intelligent tiered data architecture provides a forward-thinking data backup process for organizations of all sizes.
Backing Up All Critical Data on Laptops and Remote Computers
StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer makes it easy and efficient to back up critical organizational data that is stored on laptops, workstations and home computers that are not regularly backed up to protected servers. This solution also makes it easy for these users to find and recover individual files and folders from the intuitive web-based interface.
The Key to Our Solution – The StorageCraft Backup Analyzer
Since not all data is equal, the StorageCraft Backup Analyzer provides an intelligent review and analysis of the data on a computer. It aids the user in deciding what data is backed up and what is excluded. The Backup Analyzer analyzes and configures without interrupting user’s daily tasks. It quickly separates the data into categories of what to protect, what to exclude, and a third very important category of “Unaddressed Files.” These unaddressed files are often the diamonds in rough; files that might be important to the user and should be backed up. Once an unaddressed file is discovered, additional backup rules can be defined and applied on the fly to the computer wherever it is located. These additional rules can be applied to some or all computers under management by StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer in one step.
StorageCraft Manage Anywhere Dashboard
The StorageCraft Manage Anywhere Dashboard, directs all function from a single web-based portal. Through the portal, the user can apply backup configuration templates, set up monitoring and alerts, and end-user reporting. The Manage Anywhere Dashboard also allows the partner to install a single backup license or deploy the solution to hundreds of computers at once with the click of a button by utilizing automated Windows installation scripts generated in the dashboard and deployed via the partner’s RMM application.
Back up only the business-critical data living on laptops and desktops with StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer.
This online backup solution identifies the data that should be protected, backs it up to the cloud, and enables easy file and folder recovery. StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer features a web-based management portal and the client, a simple application that runs on the endpoints targeted for protection.
The solution’s key technology, the StorageCraft Backup Analyzer, determines what data is important to the organization. The Backup Analyzer scans and analyzes data without needing to interrupt users, and it doesn’t even require their computers to be on. It quickly separates the data into three categories:
- what to protect
- what to exclude
Administrators can view the unaddressed files, create rules for those file types, and immediately apply those rules to one computer or hundreds, all from the management portal. This solution is particularly ideal for those computers that are remote and not regularly backed up to protected servers.
Should a folder or file disappear, users with an Internet connection can easily find and recover that item via Windows Explorer.
Features & Benefits:
Use the StorageCraft Backup Analyzer to automatically identify what data to protect and what to exclude, all without interrupting users or needing their computers to be on.
Remote Management and Monitoring
License, install, configure, and monitor all customer backup accounts from one web-based dashboard.
Back up that valuable data to the cloud, even if files are in use or locked by the user, thus protecting frequently used and edited data.
Security and Availability
Rest assured that data is safe and accessible—data is transmitted and stored in an encrypted format and resides in Tier III certified data centers.
Store a custom number of revisions of backed up files so your clients can access older versions of their data (for efficient transfer, only changed data blocks are uploaded).
Be alerted if a file that is regularly edited or updated hasn’t been recently backed up.
Enable clients to easily find and download their lost files and folders as needed from the cloud.
Automate sending customizable reports to clients, and reinforce the value of the backup service you provide.
Prevent slowdowns in your clients’ day-to-day activity by throttling the bandwidth allotted to the backups.
An easy to use web-based interface for centralized installation, deployment, configuration, monitoring and reporting.
- The dashboard licenses, installs, configures, monitors and manages backups from one central location
- Backup configurations can be created and applied to a single computer or to thousands with the click of a button
- Changes to backup configurations can be made with no disruption to end-users
- End-user reporting reminds clients about the value of your backup services
Not all data is equal. The Backup Analyzer provides intelligent data analysis to identify data that should and should not be backed up.
- Powerful data analytics identifies what data should be backed up and what data should be excluded from backups
- Helps suggest additional data that might be important to the end-user for the backup configuration
- Powerful monitoring features ensure backups are operating properly
Partners can choose the protection level that makes the most sense for different data types.
- Efficiently and reliably backup data for mobile and remote users
- Enables the backup of files that are in use or locked
- Supports unlimited file revisions so clients can recover previous versions of their data
- Data is stored encrypted and compressed in secure Tier III SSAE 16, PCI, and HIPAA / HITECH audited data centers
Allows faster recovery of critical data without the need to sort through unnecessary files.
- Data analytics increases the speed of recovery
- Easily recover individual files and folders from the familiar Windows interface
- Restore previous revisions of files that were inadvertently saved or deleted
- Enables backup and recovery of critical organizational data on machines that are not regularly protected
Managed service providers (MSPs) can offer StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer to their customers via a subscription licensing model.
Each subscription license is per computer protected, and includes a maximum of 100GB (desktops, laptops, workstations) and 250GB (servers) of pooled storage for backed-up data.
Additionally, each subscription automatically comes with a free 30-day trial.
Supported Operating Systems
StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Data Analyzer supports:
Windows Desktop Versions
- Windows 7
- Windows 8
- Windows 8 Pro
- Windows 8.1 x86
- Windows 8.1 x64
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise x86
- Windows 8.1 Enterprise x64
- Windows 10
Windows Server 2008 32-bit x86 and 64-bit x64
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Foundation
- Windows Server 2008
Windows Server 2012 family
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 Standard
- Windows Sever 2012 Datacenter Hyper-V
- Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Storage Server
- Windows Server 2012 R2 x64 Data Center
- Windows Hyper-V Server 2012 R2
Windows Small Business family
- Small Business Server 2008
- Small Business Server 2011
- Windows Server 2012 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 Essentials
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Foundation
- Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials
Note: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2003 and all Windows core versions are NOT supported.
Download the StorageCraft File Backup and Recovery with Backup Analyzer Data Sheet (PDF).
- Pricing and product availability subject to change without notice.